Oral Surgery in Brentwood, TN
At Sullivan Dental Partners, your complete comfort is very important to us.
If you are feeling apprehensive, we encourage you to share your concerns with us. Our state-of-the-art technology and advanced dental techniques allow us to perform oral surgical procedures that are safe, efficient, and as comfortable as possible.
When you are anxious about oral surgery, you want the confidence of knowing your care is in the hands of an experienced professional. Dr. Rick and Dr. Sully have devoted themselves to specialized training and learning all about the latest advances in oral surgical techniques. This is a legacy he carries on from Dr. Rick's grandfather (Dr. Sully’s great grandfather), Dr. Templeton, who was the Oral Surgery Chief at the University of Tennessee Dental School.
Reasons for Tooth Extraction
Of course, our goal is to preserve the structure of a natural tooth for as long as possible. We always look for the most conservative solutions for keeping a tooth healthy and intact. But situations do arise where extraction is the only viable option:
- A decayed or broken tooth is so damaged we cannot treat it with a root canal.
- A tooth is positioned at an unusual angle and threatens to alter the position of surrounding healthy teeth.
- In the case of advanced gum disease, we may suggest extraction to protect the health of your gums and the rest of the teeth.
- Teeth need to be removed in preparation for orthodontic treatment.
- Dr. Rick or Dr. Sully need to remove an impacted wisdom tooth here at our office.
We understand that it is overwhelming to lose a tooth, even under controlled circumstances. But the compassionate and friendly members of our professional team have the experience and training necessary to guide you through the experience and make it as stress-free as possible.
Comfortable, Non-Invasive Laser Dentistry
State-of-the-art dental lasers now allow us to perform a wide range of procedures with greater accuracy and dramatically reduced healing times. Dental lasers are a gentle and safe alternative to traditional dental tools. This benefits you by requiring fewer shots and less need for anesthesia.
Using dental lasers we can:
- Remove oral growths and relieve the pain of cold sores and fever blisters
- Remove cysts, soft tissue lesions, and fibromas
- Contour excess gum tissue to eliminate the problem of a “gummy” smile
- Performing bone grafting procedures with minimal discomfort and recovery time
Please Contact Us for More Information
If you have been told or suspect that you need oral surgery, please contact our Brentwood dental office. We are sensitive to your needs and will do everything possible to make your experience as comfortable as possible.
We will be happy to arrange a consultation so we can discuss your concerns and talk about extraction as well as other possible solutions.